Roaming Profiles

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Tue Mar 23 18:58:34 GMT 1999

OK here is what I have to do to save my roaming profiles.
1.  Change the roaming profile to a local profile.
2.  Copy the profile to a directory changing the Permitted to Use to the
Domain Name/User
3.  Copy that profile into a newly created roaming profile directory on
the server.

Painful but it works.  The moral of the story is never change your domain
SID unless you want to start over.  I always thought it only affected my
workstations but I have now learned the hard way that it affects all my
users too.  Write your Domain SID down on paper and keep several copies
around just in case.  Thanks for the replys and suggestions.

Michael Hulet
Network System Administrator
ITTC, University of Kansas
Tel:785-864-7793