Login problems on solaris 2.5.1 with samba 2.0.3

Erik Duisters erik at total4.nl
Mon Mar 22 15:21:13 GMT 1999

Hi,

I've installed samba 2.0.3 on a sparcstation 5 running solaris 2.5.1.
I've configured samba as a logon server, created account in
smbpasswd etc.

There is no problem in joining PC in the domain, but as soon as I
want to log in, I get the error message: C00000078.

Looking through the log files, I see the following message:

rpc_server/srv_netlog.c:get_md4pw(266)
get_md4pw: Workstation $: no account in domain

When I run the same version of samba on Linux, everything works.
Does anybody have any ideas about this?

Regards,

Erik