One half sucess story and a question about localized NT

Florian Laws florian at void.s.bawue.de
Thu Mar 18 21:36:52 GMT 1999

Hello Samba-Team,

after some months lurking on the list, I finally went to get some
practical experience with samba. ;-)

I have set up Samba 2.1-prealpha CVS from someday a few weeks ago
as a PDC and it works like a charm! Thanks for the good work.

At one step I had some serious trouble: I couldn't log in to the
server until I figured out that I had to run 'smbpasswd -e' on each
accout converted from /etc/passwd with mksmbpasswd.sh
Perhaps you should add that to ENCRYPTION.TXT

The question I have now is how to make a user Administrator of the
Domain and of the local Workstations. I followed the NTDOM-FAQ but
it didn't work:

When I put
ntadm=BUILTIN\Administrators
in the local group map file, NT says "cannot login to domain"
and log.smb says somthing about "DOMAINS do not match"
So I put
ntadm=SGS\Administrators
into the file. I can log in, but don't have any Administrator
privledges. Using german NT4SP4, I also tried the german term
"Admistratoren" for the local group "Administrators" such as
ntadm=BUILTIN\Administratoren
but it seems to be ignored as well.

Is that a special issue with localized NT versions at all?
I found some postings from Alain Foucault and LKCL in the ntdom
archive, but I didn't figure out what they mean.
Any clarifications?
Any solutions?

Thanks,

Florian

(attached are smb.conf, localgroup.map,
domainuser.map and domainsgroup.map)

--
I am a signature-virus. Why don't copy me into your sig?