NT server joined to a Samba PDC.

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Mar 18 15:11:44 GMT 1999

Michael S. Hulet wrote:

> I also get that error in my logs but it doesn't prevent me from logging
> in.  I also get these for everyone of my domain machines:
>
> [1999/03/18 08:08:13, 0] passdb/sampass.c:getsamfile21pwent(108)
>   trust account ARKTOS$ should be in DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS
> [1999/03/18 08:08:13, 0] passdb/sampass.c:getsamfile21pwent(108)
>   trust account APOLLO$ should be in DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS
>
> Why do my machines have to be in a DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS
> and where/how do I put them in this group?

>From the NT Domain FAQ....

2.6.  I keep getting the message "trust account xxx should be in
DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS."  What do I need to do?

Nothing.  This is a note that one of the developers put
in to remind him of a issue that is yet to be resolved.  It
is harmless and should be ignored.  If you find it filling
up your debug logs, you can set it to be logged at a higher
level.   Edit passdb/sampass.c and locate the string.  Then
change the debug level from 0 to 3 or higher.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )