srv/usrmgr and DC

Michael Stockman pgmtekn at algonet.se
Wed Mar 17 15:02:02 GMT 1999

Hello,

I'm running samba, head branch from 99-03-17 14:00, and would like to point out that both usrmgr and srvmgr in W95 complains about not being able to find the domain controller (DC). The problem, which seems to be the same as once before, appears to be the reply to PIPE\NET\GETDC000 and the use of wide characters. Is this a conscious favour of NT(?) prior to W95 and is it known how NT replies (both to a NT and a W95 client)?

Also I would like to know if anyone has tried to run scrips on the unix side at logon/logoff (if there at all is a clear notion of logoff in the smb world)? I would like to do this in order to configure my firewall settings for any computer depending on who is logged on.

Best regards
  Michael Stockman
  pgmtekn-micke at algonet.se