domain groups

led led at unter.encoding.com
Tue Mar 16 20:15:10 GMT 1999

is there any documentation for the 2.0.3 implementation of
the domain group option?  It does not appear that the "domain group map"
exists outside of the "HEAD" tree.  Alternatively, where can the
"HEAD" version be found?

I am working to make an existing NIS system drive a samba domain
(thus, users in the NIS password file are members of the domain, likewise,
groups in the NIS group map.)

I found it necessary to patch chgpasswd.c in order to get the unix
password syncing to work on a FreeBSD 3.0 machine.  Use at own risk =)

*** chgpasswd.c.hacked  Tue Mar 16 11:57:28 1999
--- chgpasswd.c Tue Mar 16 11:57:38 1999
***************
*** 317,325 ****
        kill(pid, SIGKILL); /* be sure to end this process */
      }

-      /* led hack */
-      close(master);
-
        while((wpid = sys_waitpid(pid, &wstat, 0)) < 0) {
        if(errno == EINTR) {
          errno = 0;
--- 317,322 ----
***************
*** 346,358 ****
        DEBUG(3,("We were waiting for the wrong process ID\n"));
        return(False);
      }
! /* led hack */
! /*
!  *   if (WIFEXITED(wstat) == 0) {
!  *     DEBUG(3,("The process exited while we were waiting\n"));
!  *     return(False);
!  *  }
!  */
      if (WEXITSTATUS(wstat) != 0) {
        DEBUG(3,("The status of the process exiting was %d\n", wstat));
        return(False);
--- 343,352 ----
        DEBUG(3,("We were waiting for the wrong process ID\n"));
        return(False);
      }
!     if (WIFEXITED(wstat) == 0) {
!       DEBUG(3,("The process exited while we were waiting\n"));
!       return(False);
!     }