Kixtart Remote Procedure Calls on a samba PDC

Gunnar Gustafsson gunnar at tripnet.se
Tue Mar 16 17:43:02 GMT 1999

>My main concern is getting automatic connections to some resources on file
>servers depending on the groups the user is belonging to.

We have a workaround for this. In the netlogon directory I have created a
directory for each group, like this:

drwxr-x---   2 root     ccwstyr      1024 Apr 29  1998 ccwstyr/
drwxr-x---   2 root     larare       1024 Apr 29  1998 larare/
drwxr-x---   2 root     stolpsko     1024 Apr 29  1998 stolpskott/

In each dir, I have a dummy file:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root            0 Apr 29  1998 dummy

You can only see the dummy file in a directory if you're in that group. By
using some 'if exists' in the login script its possible to make connections
per group:

if exist \\stalin\netlogon\ccwstyr\dummy net use s: \\stalin\styrelse /yes

if not exist \\stalin\netlogon\larare\dummy goto ejlarare:
  net use j: \\stalin\lekstuga /yes
  net use l: \\stalin\larare /yes
:ejlarare

if not exist \\stalin\netlogon\stolpskott\dummy  goto ejstolpskott:
  net use k: \\stalin\kommunist /yes
  net use n: \\stalin\ftp /yes
:ejstolpskott