Set NT permissions & passwords sycronization

Freddie Ng ng_f at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:37:17 GMT 1999

Hi all,

The default user created by smbpasswd does not have the permission to
write to any directory on an NT client.  This causes many minor
problems.  I wish to give all users the permission to READ, WRITE, &
EXECUTE in the C:\TEMP directory.  How do I configure this on my UNIX
PDC (in the smb.conf file)?

Also, I remembered reading about a little utility called mksmbpasswd.sh
which read in the /etc/passwd file and then create the SMB passwords.  I
couldn't seem to find this file.  Where can I download it?

Thanks!

Fred Ng