Encryption Not Enabled - Bug?

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Mar 10 02:27:04 GMT 1999

Cabler, Adam W wrote:

> I used the -a -m option and samba told me that "Encryption
> was not enabled in the makefile."  I am not using the
> CVS branch, however.

Sounds like an old version of Samba.

> I would also like to know about samba cvs in general,
> particularly if CVS is just more updated since 2.0.3, or
> if it is just different.

Adam, you should probably read the NT Domain FAQ linked
off the main Samba site under the documentation section.
It will answer a lot of questions.

> Also, do I have to use the cvs release if I am expecting
> to use samba as a PDC?  Some co-workers have just returned from
> LinuxWorld where they met with some of the samba
> developers.  After speaking with them, they were given the
> impression that the production release is sufficient
> for PDC operatoin.  Just wondering if this is accurate
> with anyone else's experience.

The PDC support is not official in any release.  It is
only experiemental at the moment and really only should be
tested using the CVS branch.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter