Samba with security=domain to other Samba PDC

Dan Ardelean dany at databit.ro
Sun Mar 7 11:30:42 GMT 1999

Hi,

I have a Samba server (DATABIT) which is configured to be a PDC for a domain
(DBNT)

I'm trying to join this domain with other Samba server ( STARGATE )
on the databit machine i have created the stargate$ account.

smbpasswd -m -a stargate$
Added user stargate$.
Password changed for user stargate$

Then on the STARGATE machine:

smbpasswd -j DBNT -r DATABIT
cli_connect_serverlist: Password server loop - not using password server
STARGATE
cli_connect_serverlist: Domain password server not available.
get_member_domain_sid: unable to initialise client connection.
Can't setup password database vectors.

and ... I don't get it ... why "password server loop ???" since my smb.conf
on STARGATE contains:
   security = domain
   password server = DATABIT

and in the other smb.conf - on DATABIT - I have no refference to STARGATE.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Dan