NT Group auth for limited areas

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Mar 5 20:35:51 GMT 1999

brandon,

full nt domain integration (nt permissions) are not completely enabled
yet.  you can always limit permissions on unix-side on a per-share basis
etc: valid users = @netgroup for example.

best regards,

luke.

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

> Hello, we use Samba on our HP servers here at Iomega, and I am trying
> to integrate it with our NT network a little better.  I have it as a
> NT Domain member, and it is doing user authorization just fine.  But
> we have about six different areas used in our production environment
> where people push files onto the HP server from their windows machines
> (through Samba) and oracle picks up the files and does its thing.
> There is already seperate NT Groups for these areas, and I would
> simply like to limit the areas by NT Group, *exactly* like you do a
> unix group.  Is this in the future plans?  I was hoping when I saw
> 'domain groups' that it had to do with this, but a scan of the source
> doesn't seem to say that is what it is for.
>
> I have considered just hacking it, and adding another special syntax
> like '+ntgroup' to behave just like '@unixgroup'... but figured I
> would check here first.
>
> Please CC, I am not on this list.
>
> -Brandon Gillespie
>  HP-UX Administrator, Iomega Corp.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99