NT Group auth for limited areas

Brandon Gillespie brandon at iomega.com
Fri Mar 5 15:24:47 GMT 1999

Hello, we use Samba on our HP servers here at Iomega, and I am trying
to integrate it with our NT network a little better.  I have it as a
NT Domain member, and it is doing user authorization just fine.  But
we have about six different areas used in our production environment
where people push files onto the HP server from their windows machines
(through Samba) and oracle picks up the files and does its thing.
There is already seperate NT Groups for these areas, and I would
simply like to limit the areas by NT Group, *exactly* like you do a
unix group.  Is this in the future plans?  I was hoping when I saw
'domain groups' that it had to do with this, but a scan of the source
doesn't seem to say that is what it is for.

I have considered just hacking it, and adding another special syntax
like '+ntgroup' to behave just like '@unixgroup'... but figured I
would check here first.

Please CC, I am not on this list.

-Brandon Gillespie