NT User List

Andy Bakun abakun at reac.com
Wed Mar 3 21:12:58 GMT 1999

> I have a similar problem with the user manager (the one which comes with
>  NTWS). When I try to modify the access rights for a user (the ability to
> change the clock, for example), Dr.Watson pops up.
>
> The only way to prevent this is to leave the Domain, change the setting
> and then rejoin the domain.

The other way to avoid this is to remove the machine from the network by
unplugging the network
cable from the back of the machine before you open usermgr.  It takes a while
for the domain controller search to time out, but it won't crash, and you just
can't browse the users in the domain, which is okay because Everyone is on the
local machine.

Andy.