nt logon error

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Mar 3 20:07:20 GMT 1999

upgrade renames.  back-down to 2.0.3 re-creates.  upgrade again causes
"exit" in smbd-2.1.0-prealpha deliberately to tell you "you stuffed it".

luke

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, John T Chiodi wrote:

> Yesterday I was having difficultities with smbd loading due to the fact that
> I had two .SID files.  one was created by 2.1.0-prealpha and the other
> was created by 2.0.3.  I was not sure which I should get rid of so I
> removed both and recreated the MACHINE.SID.  Does upgrading to new
> builds of 2.1.0-prealpha cause this as well?  anyway, I will now have
> to leave the domain and rejoin the domain.  Live and learn.  This
> might be something to include in the faq.
>

> > **do not** recreate the MACHINE.SID.  if you do all machine
> > in the domain will be unable to logon.  If you do, all domain
> > members will need to leave and rejoin the domain.

> Jt Chiodi
> Unix Administrator
> University of Pittsburgh
> chiodi at pitt.edu

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99