Latest cvs broken

Bill Nugent whn at topelo.lopi.com
Tue Mar 2 22:21:39 GMT 1999

The message says it is "Information only" - this doesn't not strike me as
a problem - just something that is being reported.

Looking at the code makes me think the kernel should not be altered
because of this message (from source/smbd/files.c):

#define MAX_OPEN_FUDGEFACTOR 10

void file_init(void)
{
        int request_max_open_files = lp_max_open_files();
        int real_lim;

        /*
         * Set the max_open files to be the requested
         * max plus a fudgefactor to allow for the extra
         * fd's we need such as log files etc...
         */
        real_lim = set_maxfiles(request_max_open_files +
MAX_OPEN_FUDGEFACTOR);

        real_max_open_files = real_lim - MAX_OPEN_FUDGEFACTOR;

        if(real_max_open_files != request_max_open_files) {
                DEBUG(1,("file_init: Information only: requested %d \
open files, %d are available.\n", request_max_open_files,
real_max_open_files));
        }