Existing set of credentials problem

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Mar 1 18:04:39 GMT 1999

Randy Chatfield wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I now have a problem when trying to access an NT share
> after switching my NT machines to a samba PDC. Now I get
> an "existing set of credentials exists" error when trying
> to connect to the shares and I cannot connect to them.
> Some machines which have not been moved to the samba PDC, but
> which still use the samba workgroup do not appear to have this
> problem.

The NT network redirector will not allow you to connect to a
NetbIOS name using more than one user id.  The woraround is to
do something like

	net use h: \\servername\share1  /user:user1
	net use i: \\aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd\share2 /user:user2

where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP address of servername.  You
can also use LMHOST entries and netbios aliases for this.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )