switching from NT server to SAMBA

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Mon Mar 1 12:56:50 GMT 1999

your on the right track, you'll need to give each a machine account ( add a
user for each machine )
leave the domain and rejoin. This information should be in the NT Dom faq if
you need further help.

{
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/samba_ntdom_faq.html
}

Lei Miao wrote:

> We currently have a single NT server acting as a PDC for a collection
> of a NT workstation 4.0 PC's. I am in the process of switching over to SAMBA
> running on RedHat 5.2. I think I have created all of the necessary shares
> and made all the necessary changes to smb.conf... pulled out the network
> connection for the NT server disconnecting it from the network and started
> SAMBA acting as Domain logon server (obviously with the same domain name)
> tried to logon from a workstation and got the message "trust with domain
> controller has been broken"... what's causing this problem?
>
> BTW, initially I had the SAMBA server running as just a server (not PDC)
> on the network and all the machines could see it just fine.
>
> Could this have something to do with NT SID's etc... do you think I need
> to go to each of the workstations and get them to leave the current domain
> and join the "new" one (same domain name actually).
>
> Many thanks,
> Lei

Brian Roberson
BrainStorm Technologies