Can't Join and GNU problem found

Cabler, Adam W adam.w.cabler at lmco.com
Tue Jun 29 20:32:53 GMT 1999

	I now have Samba joining properly, at least as far as the normal
shares are concerned.  I have configured Samba as a PDC, but I am unable to
join it.  When I try, I get an errr:"Unable to connect to the comtroller for
this domain. Have your administrator check your computer account on that
domain.  I have checked the smbpasswd file thoroughly and it seems fine.  I
added the account, nttest$, with the usual -a -m option and it worked fine.
I pushed the logging level up to 30, but I can't even see an instance where
the NTTEST machine even tried to get in the domain.  At this point, I'm at a
loss. The machine's IP is in a different subnet of the samba class B that
the samba server is in, but I don't think that whould matter.  IF anyone has
a clue about this or would like information, I would love to hear it.
	As far as the gnu problem, I think there is a problem when compiling
samba with gnu on IRIX 6.x.  I just brought up a new 6.5 machine, and after
getting the can't IPC stat problem, I was at a loss for a day or so until I
tried compiling with the SGI cc compiler.  This woked fine and seemed to fix
my problems.  I have to wonder if SGI didn't introduce some incompatability
so ppl would have to license their compiler, which no longer comes under the
normal development license.  Anyway, just thought that might help someone
with the same problem.

Adam Cabler
Systems Analyst
Lockhee Martin Missiles and Space