help with pwd can/must change LDAP attributes

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Tue Jun 29 15:37:07 GMT 1999

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Charles Owens wrote:
> So my biggest complaint is the prompting to change the password, which
> happens at every logon.  It appears that the user can just click
> 'cancel' (and not change the password) and continue on with no ill
> effects.  Still... it's annoying.

Agreed.  It was apparently a bug that was fixed in the regular password
lookup routines (see
http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-technical/2416.html and
http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-cvs/current/1619.html) but as far as I
can tell, it wasn't fixed in the LDAP stuff.  Either a bunch of us are
misconfiguring the thing the same way or it really is a bug.  I'm no
programmer either and I haven't been able to make too much headway in
figuring out where the thing is blowing up.  I did submit a bug report (or
so I thought) but never got a confirmation that anything was received.

For me, this is a show stopper.  I can't expect my users to click Cancel
everytime they logon to the domain.

Kevin
--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer