WINS server

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 29 15:14:55 GMT 1999

Check out the thread on this group from a few months ago on browsing and
WINS (you can find it at www.samba.org).  The upshot is that WINS (name
lookup) and browsing are two wholly separate animals, although connected.
To browse across subnets you need some of the remote browsing options
(remote announce, remote browse sync), which incidentally work great.

ap

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199