Samba and Services for Macintosh

Chris Martin cmartin at vgi.com
Tue Jun 29 15:10:31 GMT 1999

Hi,
  I am having a problem transferring files from NT server to my Unix server
through network neighborhood.  The situation is this:  I have 2 NT servers
running services for Macintosh.  My Unix box is Solaris 7 running Samba
2.0.0.  I then drag and drop any file (size doesn't seem to matter - I have
been using .txt files for testing) through network neighborhood from my NT
server to a Samba share on my unix server.  The copy goes fine, no errors,
but when I double click the file to open it, Notepad hangs for about 30
seconds and then comes back with "the session was cancelled".  This ONLY
happens from mac accessible volumes.  If I copy from a regular NT share or
from a location that is not shared, the file is ok.  If I look at the
corrupted files using ls -l from the unix side, the file size and
permissions are listed properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Martin

Chris Martin