I don't get my NT Workstation to login to the Samba controlled Domain

Dominik Fritz Dominik-Fritz at gmx.de
Tue Jun 29 11:02:15 GMT 1999

Hello,

I'am using Samba 2.04b and Linux with Kernel 2.25.
I made passwort entry for the machine accounts in the system passwort
database and in the smbpasswd file. As password I use the machine name
in lower case letters.

When I try to login with my Win95 machines it's no problem. but whith NT
Workstation it doesn't work. (It's no problem to access the Samba Shares
from my NT Workstation. Only Login doesn't work)

In the /samba/private directory I found a file MACHINE.SID. shouldn't
there be a file named DOMAIN.SID?

Does any one no what I do wrong?

Thanks!

	Dominik