Samba PDC roaming profiles and problems.

Gary Rule grule at esupportnow.com
Mon Jun 28 18:36:23 GMT 1999

Hello all,
	I have spent the a few days trying to get my setup to work. I'm not new to
Linux but I am new to Samba. The more I read the more I fear the problems I
am having have something to do with my version of Samba not being new
enough. Here is my setup.

Slackware Linux 4.0 with Kernel 2.2.9
Samba 2.0.3
NT workstations 4.0 SP 5 IE 4.0 SP2
I have the Samba server setup as a PDC and I have added network machines
without a problem. I have also added users without much trouble. As it
stands right now when a user logs in they get their default shares and their
home directory mapped to drive h:. All is well. When I tried to setup
Roaming profiles is where things got me.

I have ( in smb.conf ) the following line:

logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U

I also have this:

[Profiles]
        path = /usr/lib/samba/profiles
        browseable = no
        guest ok = yes

in /usr/lib/samba/profiles/ I have made a directory test
chmod 777 test
I even did a
chown test.users test
just to make sure there wouldn't be permission problems for testing.

OK...I then logged in with test

It created all the default settings for outlook express etc etc.
When I log out however it gives me error (65) stating:

The update of your roaming profile failed.  Please contact your Network
Administrator. (65)

I also saw something about, if the time on both machines isn't the same it
could cause errors? How do I synchronized? If there is a good doc ( besides
the one on the samba site ) for NT Domains can someone point me there?
Thanks in advance

Gary Rule
Network Administrator          grule at esupportnow.com
eSupportNow                    http://www.esupportnow.com
226 Mystic Avenue              (781) 306-9797 v
Boston, MA 02155               (781) 306-9777 f
Yeah.  Maybe I do have the right ... What's that stuff?

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Deep Space Homer