Using Samba to authenticate PPTP?

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jun 28 15:29:26 GMT 1999

>>>>> "jerry" == Gerald Carter <cartegw at eng.auburn.edu> writes:

 jerry> Not done in Samba yet.  But should be easy to locate the right
 jerry> flag.  Would require modifying the source.  I've been meaning
 jerry> to look into this.

Ah, so it is one of those undocumented "user flags"?  The thing Samba
sets to 0x20 for no apparent reason?  :-)

If you want to take a crack at adding support for this, I might be
interested in helping with the implementation.  I could definitely
help with the testing.

What configuration interface do you envision?  A "dialup users = ..."
option in smb.conf?  An /etc/smb_userflags file?

Anyway, thanks for the prompt response.

 - Pat