Problems with smbpasswd

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Jun 25 16:42:15 GMT 1999

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Nick Tan wrote:

> Sorry, should have included this in my first message.  BTW, I had samba

yes :-)

> os level = 1

just for your own browsing peace of mind, set this to 33.

> ;*******************section netlogon*****************
> [netlogon]
> comment = Network Logon Service
> path = /home/netlogon
> guest ok = yes
> writable = no
> share modes = no

guest access should be denied to this share.

*sigh*, ok: there's nothing obvious.  does smbpasswd work on loopback (on
local machine)?  does it fail as ordinary user or as root?  does it work
on the first user in your smbpasswd file?

please try and track this down a bit more for me.  with three users in my
smb.conf file and... *oh*, i commented out the hashed_getpwnam() code, you
might want to try the latest cvs.  if anyone wants to continue to use that
(because you have hundreds of users and groups) then #define
USE_HASHED_PWNAM in Makefile or lib/username.c.

luke