Where do the passwords come from?

Aaron Rainwater/CADC Co-op aar at cypress.com
Fri Jun 25 00:28:53 GMT 1999

In the instructions for setting up Samba as the Doman Controller
you are told to set up Samba for encrypted passwording.  Does
this include the creation of the SMBPASSWD file?  I am setting
up Samba as my PDC because I don't want to have to add each
users password to Samba's password file.

If I DO have to create the usual encrypted password file for
Samba, then is there a way to import the UNIX passwd file
to Samba?  I've run the correct command-line for "mksmbpasswd.sh",
but it just creates the SMBPASSWD file without passwords.

Thanks for any help you can supply... :)

--
Aaron Rainwater
CADC Co-op