Problems with smbpasswd

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Jun 24 17:16:20 GMT 1999

send smb.conf file.

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Nick Tan wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am using the CVS version of samba and I am trying to set up a PDC.
> However when I try to use smbpasswd I get the following errors:
>
> cli_connect_serverlist: Domain password server not available
> get_member_domain_sid: Unable to initialise client connection
> Can't setup password database vectors.
>
> Can someone please tell me what this means and how I can fix it.
>
> Thankyou

> Nick Tan
> Ministry of Justice
> Information Services Directorate
> email: tann at justice.moj.wa.gov.au

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99