Problems with smbpasswd

David Bannon dbannon at bioserve.biochem.latrobe.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 10:33:48 GMT 1999

At 07:17 PM 24/06/1999 +1000, Nick Tan wrote:
>Hello
>
>I am using the CVS version of samba and I am trying to set up a PDC.
>However when I try to use smbpasswd I get the following errors:
>
>cli_connect_serverlist: Domain password server not available
>get_member_domain_sid: Unable to initialise client connection
>Can't setup password database vectors.

Hmm... sounds like a version of the problem I posted a message about
yesterday. As near as I can tell, the cli_connect_serverlist() function is
being passed the wrong list of servers to process. I have been hoping that
whoever wrote the code will have a look and give us a brief description of
the logic behind it....

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083