Repost: preexec broken?

Andy Polyakov appro at fy.chalmers.se
Wed Jun 23 21:23:59 GMT 1999

> >> trouble with the "preexec" command for making profile directories.  It
> >> appears as though "preexec" isn't even executing.  I've attached my
> >> smb.conf file below.
> >...  However, let me guess - you're using
> >the preexec in the [netlogon] share.  What happens when you put it in the
> >[homes] share (and mount the users' home directory in your logon script)?
What does preexec have to do with shares? It can reside literally
*anywhere* and doesn't have to be accessible from Windows at all.

In either case. Kevin! Make sure the script doesn't produce any output
on stdout and stderr. If it's [k]sh script, try adding 'exec > /dev/null
2>&1' in the very beginning.

Andy.