Repost: preexec broken?

CAE Samba Admin caesmb at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Wed Jun 23 17:31:39 GMT 1999

Sorry everyone.  It appears as though my smb.conf didn't make it along
with the original post.  I'm attaching it again.  Thanks...

Cliff Green wrote:

>Well, your smb.conf didn't show up.  However, let me guess - you're using
>the preexec in the [netlogon] share.  What happens when you put it in the
>[homes] share (and mount the users' home directory in your logon script)?

	No, it is in the [profile] share, but that is referenced by "logon
path".  Does the fact that the "preexec" is in a share that NT tried to
connect to at login (vs a user from the command line or a login script)
have anything to do with it?
	This seems unlikely because if I try a "net use z:
\\server\profile /user:username" from a command prompt, the "preexex"
fails as well.

Thanks again,

Kevin Currie