Password server loop - from smbpasswd -j

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 03:48:46 GMT 1999

At 07:29 AM 22/06/1999 -0400, Greg Dickie wrote:

>smbpasswd -j biochem -r <password_server>
>
>otherwise it tries to use this machine, hence a password loop.

No Greg, I did try that. Same result.

Seems that in smbpasswd.c, global_myname is set to local machine name, and
this variable is eventually used by clientgen.c->cli_connect_serverlist()
to make a password server connection to. And it fails of course.
cli_connect_serverlist() is not offered a list of the password servers at
any stage.

Can someone outline how this should work ??

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au