Unencypted Passwords problem

Daniel Corbe corbe at corbe.net
Wed Jun 23 03:26:46 GMT 1999

     I am having difficulties in two areas regarding unencrypted
passwords.  The first is I added the use Administrator to the unix box,
and I can log in from the console, however I cannot log in from a
LANMANAGER client.  The second thing is that accounts in the unix passwd
file that have null passwords can't login to the samba server either.  Is
there a solution to either of these problems; if not, both accounts
(Administrator, and the one with the null password) worked when I had
encrypt passwords enabled, however smbd wasn't runing setuid, or mapping
permissions properly.  Is there a workaround for that?  Any help would be
appriciated.

--
 \|/ ____ \|/   Daniel Corbe (IRC: Byrd, AIM: corbe8124)
 /_( \__/ )_\       E-Mail: corbe at corbe.net