Setting up domain group maps

John Parsons ees3jp at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 16:35:21 GMT 1999

When I set up maps for domain group, domain user and local group in my
smb.conf file, I get errors when testing via smbclient.

Here is how I have setup the smb.conf

in global section:

domain group map = /path to map
local group map = /path to map
domain user map = /path to map

If I then run smbclient -U {as myself or an admin account I have setup}

smbclient complains of the mapping parameters as being unknown parameters.

Is there anything else I need to do, or I have just buggered it up in the
first place?

Also, I cannot seem to get the User Manager to work on an NT server that is
part of my Samba NT Domain.  I get an RPC error.

Cheers

John
John R Parsons            Tel: 01483 876112
Computer Support Officer  Mob: 0836 248733
School of EE, IT & M      Fax: 01483 534139
University of Surrey
Guildford
Surrey
GU2 5XH