Authentic NT users in Linux

Matthew Keller keller57 at potsdam.edu
Sun Jun 20 16:13:20 GMT 1999

NaNDão's EMail wrote:

>     Hello Gurus :-D
>     PLEASE!
>     It's possible I authentic my NT Users in Linux, because I want use IMAP4
> Server In linux with NT USERS, RADIUS too..

	Yes, that is what Samba does. Setting 'security=user' causes the WinNT
users to login based on the local 'passwd' files, 'security=server'
causes Samba to authenticate to an existing NT Server, and
'security=domain' is to allow Samba to authenticate to a domain.

	I recommend this webpage
'http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#security' for a
starting point.

--