SP5 and IE5 Problems

norman at lithe.uark.edu norman at lithe.uark.edu
Fri Jun 18 13:33:34 GMT 1999

Doug VanLeuven wrote:

> What kind of firewall? ie:
> proxy - forwarding turned off?
> filtering - forwards, but ports 137 & 138 being blocked?

I have a related question.  My group has a seperated lab, and we have it
being
masqueraded currently with ipchains on a RedHat 6.0 server, which is
also
doing double duty as a second Samba server for those lab machines.
Sometimes,
we need for the resources on the outside to be available.  Is there a
special
trick
to getting those ports forwarded through so that our inside clients can
see the
outside
server and clients?  I know this is not an IPChains list, but was just
wondering if
anyone may have battled this one before.

Norman Weathers
Technology Coordinator ETS
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville

phone: (501) 575-3553 or (501) 575-4344
email: nweathe at comp.uark.edu or norman at lithe.uark.edu

"It's not that I 'prefer' to do this without an NT server.... I
just 'prefer' to do it where it will work..."