Win95/98/NT --> Solaris character issue

Hoyt, Travis (Contractor) thoyt at harris.com
Thu Jun 17 17:27:45 GMT 1999

Had anyone addressed the issue of transfering text files from a Windows system
to a UN*X box and getting the ^M at the end of each line.  I know this had to do
with the line feed/carriage return issue between windows and unix systems.  My
question is, has anyone figured out a way, or is there a flag for samba to,
sanitize files so that they don't have those characters
at the end?  Much the way ftp does when you put it into ascii mode instead of
binary.

I've looked through some of the docs at the samba site but I'm not having any
luck.

Thanks,

Travis