Installed MS IE5 and now can't see samba server

Roger D. roger at coconet.com
Thu Jun 17 12:24:38 GMT 1999

Sorry,,,using a MS product for e-mail and trying to get it to send in PLAIN
TEXT....arrrgggg!

----   Message Body ------  (hopefully in plain text)

My client installed MS IE5 on several WIN95 machines over the weekend
and one of the machines can not see the samba server any longer.  All
the machines were using MS IE4 or IE3 and working fine on samba before
the upgrade to IE5.  I am assuming it is the upgrade that has caused the
problem.

The troublesome machine at first did not find the host name from a ping,
but would ping the IP address.  MS Knowledge base suggested reinstalling
Winsock2.0...we did that and now the offending WIN95 machine will ping
the host name, but still doesn't see the samba server.

Anybody else experience problems like this.

TIA