Can't login to samba domain

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Jun 15 17:31:54 GMT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Michael Glauche wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton schrieb:
> >
> > how long ago was it set up?
> >

> I'm using the cvs version from about 2-3 weeks ago.

no, i mean: how long in between failures of the windows clients' logins?

> Strange thing is, that when I change the machine name 2 times
> (i.e. m1 -> m2 -> m1) it works again.

that sounds about right: this resets the workstation trust account
password on the client.

i suspect that the NetrServerPasswordSet function is failing, so you are
seeing your clients fail to connect once per week, yes?

> and what does " ERROR: become root depth is non zero" mean ?

nested calls to become_root(). you probably are being caught out by user
names being same as group names (which you cannot do on NT, therefore you
cannot do the same on the unix side either, without re-mapping).  someone
want to explain this, refer to previous archive articles?

luke