Nt passwords

Luca Menegus lucam at zeropiu.it
Tue Jun 15 15:51:51 GMT 1999

Hi all,
    I would like to know if  it's possible to extract Nt users records
(along with clear text passwaords) using samba as a BDC and publish them
to an LDAP SERVER. The problem is that I have Nestscape LDAP server and
want to upload to it 20000 NT users accounts with their pass. Netscape
provides an utility wich syncs password changes between NT ad LDAP but
this utility is only able to grab the password when the user changes it.

I suppose that a BDC recives unencripted pass (or recive the encription
key) from it's PDC, and as I've seen that BDC support is appearing in
samba code and LDAP is already there I think I should be ablemto
replicate Nt accounts in NSLDAP.
Any help is greatly appriciated.

Luca

PS: