SAMBA as PDC for Windows-NT

rbrand at esg-gmbh.de rbrand at esg-gmbh.de
Tue Jun 15 13:03:12 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have the following problem :

1) I installed the latest samba-version on a suse 6.0 linux system
2) then I set up samba and tested it using diagnosis.txt
     everything works ok
3) I tried to install a SAMBA NT Domain PDC using the FAQ
     I have the follwoing NT network (NT 4.0 SP 3)
     protocoll tcp/ip
     ip-adress fixed
     dns  hostname: computer1
          search-sequence for dns : samba-computer
     wins-adresses : primary wins-server : samba-computer
               dns for windows-resolution activated

     a workgroup is defined

4) I got error-message 2.3 in the faq : "the machine account for this
computer either does not exist or is not accesable"
    when I want to set the domain name."

here is my smb.conf and my log.computer1.

I'm wondering that the file ../private/SAMBA.SID has the name
../private/MACHINE.SID ?!
Do I need to do this cvs-stuff ?!

Yours

R. Brand

(See attached file: smb.conf)(See attached file: log.computer1)