Problems validating names with special characters

Michael Lackhoff lackhoff at fh-muenster.de
Tue Jun 15 05:28:47 GMT 1999

Thanks for all your replies.

> OK, has nothing to do with PDC, but anyway:

Hm. Not with PDC directly but certainly with domain-integration.
After all Samba and the PDC don't agree how to handle the
umlauts.

But I don't write this simply to justify my question (hm perhaps I do
;-)) it is more along these lines:
Your answers say "not yet implemented, working on it, perhaps
soon". Now, how can people use samba in a domain and outside
the english speaking world if this is all to it? At least my users
don't like their names mangled (one of the "umlaut-users" is my
boss). So how do others cope with this problem?
After all samba _is_ used a lot all over the world as a domain
member or even as a PDC.

And I would like to make another point. People write to this list
when they have problems with samba (thats what the list is for,
isn't it?) - so do I. But in one of the first mails here I would just take
the opportunity to thank all you great folks who work on samba.
Keep on the good work!

Michael Lackhoff

--
FH Muenster Bibliothek / EDV