Samba PDC and STANDALONE Nt box...unable to browse..

Evelyn Potok lnb at cybertouch.org
Fri Jun 11 11:01:17 GMT 1999

Hello,
I have been able to join my Samba PDC, but am not able to view shares in
Network Neighborhood. Howver, with start-->find-->computers and typing
in the name of a Samba server, I can see the shares. Can someone please
tell me where I am going wrong.

Here is part of my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = CYBERTOUCH
        netbios name = FREEDOM
        server string = Freedom's FreeBSD/SAMBA File Server 1
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        min passwd length = 3
        password server = WIRED
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
        log level = 6
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 100
        max xmit = 8192 socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        logon script = netlogin.pds
        logon path = \\%N\%U\Profiles
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 33
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        guest account = ftp
        admin users = lnb

Note that the passwd server is the NT box. And that using the dos
prompt, it does put me in z:\  which is what I had set it too in the
Profiles section of User Manager for Domains.

Thank you in advance for your help

Lanny