Password Server not available

Verdelli Christian verzachris at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:35:01 GMT 1999

I have Just Download the CVS code 2.1 prealpha.but I have a problem
joining an NT domain .
I did these steps:

* Cretae a machine account on the NT PDC in server manager for the samba
box (Workstation not BDC)

* I pu these entry in my configuration file :
   - Workgroup = < NT DOMAIN >
   - Domain Logons = < NO >
   - Security = < DOMAIN >
   - Password Server = < PDC - Machine >

When run the command : Smbpasswd -j < NT DOMAIN > -r < PDC - Machine > I
get
cli_connect_serverlist: Password server loop - not using password server
< Samba box >
cli_connect_serverlist: Password server not available
get_member_domain_sid: unable to initialise client connection
Can't setup password database vectors.
The file /usr/local/samba/privare/Domain.machine.mac isn't create.
So when I try to start the samba daemon it says : ERROR Samba cannot
obtain PDC SID
from PDC(s) chris .

I have set up Samba as a Wins Server and the nmbd daemon is running.