Sync Passwords

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Jun 10 16:33:29 GMT 1999

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> i compiled samba's rpcclient under cygwin b20.  i found that it, and ssh
> and cvs, all failed on file read() functions when the binary text being
> read came across a "^Z" character in the data stream.  this, of course,
> made reading .ssh/identity absolutely impossible.
>
> also, pressing return seemed not to have an effect, only when ctrl-z was
> pressed did the output results of a command appear on-screen, and
> thereafter because of the ctrl-z no further stdin inout could be read!
>
> generally bad all round, really.

Well that's easy to fix. I was the one in Cygnus who made
the DOS-text-is-default decision as I was one of the few
people there working on CygWin32 who'd done a lot of Windows
programming :-).

You just need to add a call to setmode() to set the stream
to binary. You can do this globally as well (although I'd
have to look it up as it's a while since I worked on CygWin32).

Jeremy.