Sync Passwords

Colin Higgs colin.higgs at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 09:47:32 GMT 1999

Andrew Perrin - Demography wrote:

> I would very much appreciate seeing this NT-compiled smbpasswd, and
> possibly using it. Would you be willing to share it?

I compiled it with the cygwin tools from Cygnus Solutions. I have
version b20, which I downloaded recently, but you can get the latest
version free from:

http://www.cygnus.com/cygwin

I don't recall any problems getting smbpasswd compiled just by
downloading samba-2.0.3 (the latest at the time), doing the usual
./configure and then make bin/smbpasswd. If you have any problems or are
happy with a pre-compiled binary then mail me and I'll send you a
binary. Same goes for anyone else on the list.

I have heard of other people who went as far as compiling the whole
samba suite under cygwin. Perhaps if anyone's feeling particularly
perverse it could be possible to run a samba PDC from an NT box :-)

--
Colin Higgs,
Chemical Engineering
University of Edinburgh                 Email:  colin.higgs at ed.ac.uk
King's Buildings, Mayfield Road,        Tel:    +44 (0)131 6508557
Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JL            Fax:    +44 (0)131 6506551