Problems with smbpasswd solved

Tomek Jarosinski tomek at is.fh-hamburg.de
Wed Jun 9 09:58:43 GMT 1999

Samuel J Liddicott wrote:

> [...]
Hello,
There is one samba parameter - host allow.
It seems that they are some problems with using smbpasswd on the samba
server if the localhost is not in host allow. I did this:

host allow = 141.22. 127.
141.22 is the network of our university and 127. is for the local host.
You can use also "localhost" instead of "127."
host allow = 141.22. localhost.
Samba services are available now to all clients from network 141.22.*.*
and for localhost. Do not use only localhost, because then your clients
will be not able to connect to the samba server.
--
Have a nice day !
Tomek Jarosinski