Samba Status

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Tue Jun 8 23:52:35 GMT 1999

Hi,

I saw a post within the past week about the roadmap for Samba and didn't
see a reply.  I too am wondering about relative time frames for new
releases of Samba, as I am trying to plan my SMB strategy for the upcoming
school year in September.  Can I expect a stable 2.1 release over the
summer or should I abandon my LDAP/NT PDC strategy on Linux and continue
using NT for PDC stuff?  I understand software release dates are never set
in stone - I just want to do some planning on how to proceed and figure
out if I it is worthwile to invest some more time now or if I need to wait
a year.

Also, have there been mailing list problems lately?  I _thought_ I sent a
messagea about further problems I was having but never saw it hit the
list.  Maybe I've been blacklisted for asking too many dumb questions :)

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer
    . .       Network/System Administrator