Samba HEAD

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Jun 8 12:23:25 GMT 1999

Sergey Alexandrov wrote:

> Hi Samba Guru !
>
> Can anybody EXACTLY describe how get Samba 2.1 prealpha ?
>
> Ones said - get HEAD branch, others - simply
> CVS code. Where are truth ?

>From the Samba NT Domain FAQ (located on the samba web site)

2.1. How do I download the latest Samba NT Domain Controller code?

Before continuing, please be aware that the development
branch of Samba changes very rapidly. Recently there has
been an avaerage of 20 code check-ins a day.  You've
been warned!

For general information on accessing the samba source code
via CVS, see http://cvs.samba.org/cvs.html

To download the latest Samba Domain Controller source code

      * Obtain a recent copy of the cvs client binary. The
	cvs source code is available from
      	ftp://download.cyclic.com/pub/

      * Now run the following command

		cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.org:/cvsroot login

      	when you are prompted for a password, enter
	'cvs' without the quotes.

      * Now run the command

		cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.org:/cvsroot co samba

      * To update your source code run the following command

		cvs update -d -P

If you want to update the entire archive of the
main branch code make sure that you are located in
the top directory of the samba tree ( ie.  the samba
directory ).

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter