NT4 server & Samba logons..totally confused

Anthony Mendoza Anthony.Mendoza at iname.com
Mon Jun 7 16:39:08 GMT 1999

At 07:44 PM 6/7/1999 +1000, Michael Glauche wrote:
>Lanny Baron schrieb:
>>
>Samba 2.0.4b can only act as a Domain Member, not as a controller. So
>you need
>a NT Server or a Samba CVS HEAD machine for the Domain logons.
I'm currently using Samba 2.0.4b and my NT Server (I use it as a
workstation) logs into the domain I have at home fine, authenticates, gets
login script etc..  My win95 boxes don't have a problem either.  I recently
converted my NT box (finally) over to Linux and Samba 2.0.4b and have been
happier since then.  Or is technically my Samba box not a PDC, but it just
appears to me like it is?  It is authenticating my users during domain
logons...  Can someone enlighten me on this?
---
Anthony Mendoza
Anthony.Mendoza at iname.com