MS Schedule through Samba?

Mike A. Harris mharris at ican.net
Fri Jun 4 10:33:15 GMT 1999

I admined an NT 3.51 LAN about a year and a half ago, and the
whole office used Microsoft Schedule+ 7.0 for appointment
scheduling as a PIM.  Schedule was configured for LAN access, and
the schedule files all resided on the NT server.

How does one configure/install Schedule in this manner on a
network that uses Win95 machines, but a Linux Samba server
replacing NT?

As I recall, Microsoft Postoffice took care of the NT side of
things on the NT box, and I had to log in as admin to change
people's schedules, add/remove them, etc..

Is such a thing possible in Linux?  I'm just looking for the
schedules to be able to work in a simlar networked manner, and
not clobber files if two people look at the same schedule
simultaneously.

Is it possible?  Or do I need NT?

If I need NT, has anyone ran NT in VMWARE on a Linux server to
get NT to provide some of the functionality that Samba might
still be lacking?  This could let users gradually move things
from NT to Samba, but remaining on a single machine, only using 2
IP addresses...

Just a thought.

Thanks in advance.
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...